Monday, January 31, 2011

Tough Decisions

Being an RA the past three years, I've learned a lot of things. I think one of the biggest things I've learned is how to be assertive. Specifically in my role as head RA this year, I've had to be assertive at many times I didn't want to be, but knew I needed to be. Especially this last week, my assertiveness has been put to the test. I still don't particularly like being assertive sometimes specifically when it has to do with confronting issues, but I now know how necessary it is. Now, the key is translating this assertiveness into my walk with the Lord. The Lord calls us to share his Word with all people. Although confronting issues is hard, sharing the Gospel for me even poses a larger challenge. I'm so insecure about it. I always think I don't know enough even though I know that's a lie from Satan. This is definitely something I'm going to work on becoming more bold about.

Isaiah 18:
Summary- proclamation against Ethiopia
My take-
v. 7 "And from a people terrible from their beginning onward." As depressing as this is, it's a great reminder to me that we can't expect non-Christians to act like Christians. We can't expect them to love. We can't expect them to be patient. We can't expect them to even be nice to us. Because from the being after Adam ate the apple, humans were terrible aka we are sinners. I think I forget this so much. I just expect people to always be nice to each other and love each other even when I know they aren't Christians. It's also a good pride reminder to me that I am not inherently good since I have a sinful nature just like everyone else. It's still a constant battle for me that I can never be perfect. I want to be perfect so much, and hate it when I'm not! But, here it says, I'm never going to be perfect since people have been "terrible" since the beginning.

Lord, let me be bold in my faith. Grow me in boldness. Continue to remind me that I don't need to be perfect because you are. Lord, thanks for being so patient with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment