Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Insecurities

So, tonight I was actually feeling more like starting my quiet time than the last two nights, which is definitely a blessing. Thanks Lord!

Isaiah 4: Really short and sweet
Summary: Finally, the renewal of Zion and how beautiful and glorious it will be once the Lord has washed away all the filth
My take: I can't wait for all of my filth to be taken away, and the glory of the Lord to completely take over my life. I can't wait for Him to take away all of these little insecurities that started to creep back into my life these past few days. I guess it comes with being home alone since the parents are back at work and having a lot of time to myself to think. I tend to get myself into trouble when I think too much on my own. I overanalyze everything. I know these insecurities are natural and the Lord is in control of them (praise the Lord or else I'd be doomed), but it doesn't make it any easier. The longer since high school graduation the less interaction I have with high school friends, and the less they seem to care. I know it's just that we're growing apart especially since I've been in Virginia, but it doesn't make it any easier. I just miss those high school days sometimes when I'd be called as soon as I woke up as to the plan for the day. I'd always have people to hang out with. Don't get me wrong. I still have some great high school friends that I cherish a lot and always will, but it's just a different kind of relationship now. Also, it's a blessing in a disguise. I've had the most quality time with my parents, especially my mom, these nights since I'm not going to hang out with friends like I used to. It's at a time like this that I am so happy the glory of the Lord is going to take over my overanalytical mind, and cover it in His glory and majesty.

Lord, continue to remind me that I am loved because I am yours and that your love is the ultimate love. Let me be content in you, even when I'm not feeling content in my circumstances. Thank you for your neverending love!

No comments:

Post a Comment