Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Streams of Abundance

Blessed be your name
In the land that is plentiful
When your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name

The Lord has been so abundantly blessing me lately that this verse of "Blessed be Your Name" accurately expresses my life right now. What's even cooler than that He has been blessing me is that I am getting closer and closer to Him as well. So many times when things are going as I want them to, I start to get prideful and worship myself and draw away from the Father. When everything's going well, I feel as though I don't need God. But, right now, I feel so blessed and like I need my God to rejoice with me! God wants to be their in my triumphs not just my sorrows! Basically, my day couldn't have gotten much better. Here's a few reasons why:
1) Woke up feeling pretty rested
2) Wore a dress and felt really cute all day
3) Latin dance freestyle: enough said
4) Best part of the day: quality time with soo many of my favorite people-Sam for lunch, Matt for second part of lunch, Alex and Joan for dinner, some of my current and past residents just hanging out in the commons, Jordy for frisbee, Eric for a leadership chat, Matt, Robert, and Clarke for prayer, finishing off with Abby for prayer and life catch up. I wish every day could be filled with meaningful conversations with this many wonderful people.
5) It snowed A LOT
6) All my activities were cancelled for tonight due to snow!
7) I got a TFA final interview!!!!! Soooo excited!!
8) Pizza Hut pizza
9) Snow Frisbee-there's a first time for everything, right?
10) I prayed a lot today and just really want to spend time with the Lord!

See, how could my day have gotten any better??

Isaiah 15:
Summary- All things are going against Moab
My take- The Lord never guarantees happiness all the time. Things will suck sometimes. Even though, I'm in a really good place with the Lord and friends and family right now, I still know that there will be sorrow in my life. As much as I try to stay cautious and avoid sorrow at all costs, it will never be completely avoided. Sometimes this plays against me. I am so scared of being hurt that it sometimes doesn't allow me to let me be all of me. I'm goofy. I'm silly. I'm crazy when I'm hyper. Somehow I think if I let all of me out, I would be hurt. But no, God loves all of me, even though I continue to sin everyday. He loves me because He made me. How beautiful is that? No matter what I do, God will continue to love me.

Lord, thanks for your streams of abundance. Let me praise your name when your streams flow with abundance and completely dry up.

No comments:

Post a Comment