Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Woman of Prayer

So, I wish I were one. I also wish I was patient, understanding, non-judgmental, and many other things. These are all traits that i'm constantly striving to become, although not easy. One of my biggest goals beyond these, though, is to be a woman of prayer. I want prayer to so consume my life that I can't help, but talk to everyone about what I'm praying about and how God has answered prayer. That's one of the reasons I really want to be diligent with prayer journal again is to start me on the journey to becoming a woman of prayer and eventually, a woman of the Lord. Right now, I'd definitely still consider myself a girl of the Lord. I have SO much growing to do. I know I always will, but in my head, I have this magic formula as to what a woman of the Lord is that I want to achieve. There are just certain women that I see, and am just like, "Wow! That is a woman after the Lord's own heart!" I want to be that SOOOOO badly!

Speaking of answered prayer, the Lord definitely answered my prayers about my insecurities yesterday. One of the biggest reasons my insecurities crept in was because I had texted a few people without response from them. (Silly reason to become insecure I know, but I couldnt' help it.) Come to find out today that all of the text messages I sent/are sending are not going through plus one of my best friends tried to call me and my phone never showed the call! Thus, my little insecurities were actually just a phone malfunction. Thanks, Lord for answering my prayers!

And now, Isaiah 5:
Summary: I'll be real, I'm still a little confused about what's going on. From what I understand, the first part is about a vineyard that is supposed to grow well, but ends up growing wild grapes instead. I think this is symbolism for the house of Israel, but I'll check up on it and find out by tomorrow. The second part is about the danger in excess of anything whether it be wine or possessions or any other thing.

My take: From the vineyard, the Lord has the power to do whatever He pleases and our actions will have consequences on judgment day. From the second part, I really like this because it somewhat speaks to my questions about how much is too much. It's basically saying things in themselves are not evil, but things when they are completely unneeded and cause pride are not good. Probably my favorite verse is verse 20,
"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"
What this has to do with the excess issue is that we deceive ourselves into thinking that if a little is okay, then a lot is okay as well. These days, we're hearing so many mixed messages on what is "good" and what is "light" that we need to make sure our definition of good or light comes straight from the Lord and His word and not our own conceptions.

Well, that's all I've got today. I'll try to research Isaiah 6 a little better to see if my take is along the right lines or not.

Lord, thanks for a joyful day today.

P.S. Update on the New Year's Resolutions: Today I ran 3 miles, played tennis, had only 1 coke, and have no completed my chapter in the Bible and blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment