Thursday, January 20, 2011

Accountability is So Sweet

Clearly, I have not been doing so well on keeping up with my resolutions. Thankfully, I have a great friend, who checks in on me, and is keeping me accountable to keep them up. It's so silly really for me not to spend time with the Lord. I know from so many past experiences how sweet it is when I do. In my discipling meeting today, we talked about Malachi and people giving lame sacrifices instead of the best they had. I realized that that's what I'm doing with my quiet times. I'm giving a lame sacrifice of five minutes to read maybe a chapter of my Bible. From now on, I want to give the best sacrifice. I don't want to give half of me, but all of me. So, here you go, Lord. I am pumped I get to spend this time with you. So, back on track,
Isaiah 11:
Summary-Everything will be perfect in Heaven with Jesus, all the things that on earth do not get along will be in harmony including animals, countries, people, everything and everyone.
My take-
v.2: "The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord."
I absolutely love that I will get to be wise and understand everything and be mighty and knowledgeable and truly fear the Lord when I see Him in heaven all because I am His. I can't wait to be with Him!! It's gonna be soo sweet!
v.3: "His delight is in the fear of the Lord. And he shall not jedge by the sight of His eyes."
Wow! Such a hard thing for me. I feel like I understand God's love for me more than I understand how important is for me to have a healthy fear of the Lord. I love that the word delight is used here not only because it is truly one of my favorite words, but because it's used in the same sentence as fear. Fear and delight don't usually belong together. However, the way I see it the reason we delight in fear is because we get to delight in the fact that we serve such a powerful God!! While His power should be feared, I definitely appreciate it as well. I love that when I'm going through something tough, He has the power to overcome it so easily.
the rest: I love that God is gonna set everything back into harmony again. This passage has such beautiful and powerful imagery about just how that's gonna look. For example, "and the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper's den."

If you haven't figured out yet, I'm a HUGE fan of my God being so powerful. One of my favorite songs right now describes how I feel about it really beautifully,
"And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us. And if our God is with us, Who could stand against? Our God is greater. Our God is stronger. God, you are higher than any other."
I couldn't have said it better myself. Take that world. Noone can stop me because my God is for me!!

Lord, thanks for your power. Thanks for the way you're gonna set everything in harmony again in Heaven. Teach me to not only love your power, but fear it as well.

1 comment:

  1. And this amazingly awesome, powerful God LOVES us! How great is it that the creator of the universe and all that is in it--the sustainer of life--loves you and me, as filthy and wretched as we are. Hallelujah what a Savior!

    "What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, 'For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.' No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:31-39

    ReplyDelete