Sunday, January 9, 2011

Home Sweet College

Even as of this morning, I was still a little weary about coming back here. It's always such a mix of emotions, but the Lord calmed that as soon as I walked into DHall tonight. Before I even sat down, I knew I was at home, my college home. As I went to sat down, I sat down next to probably many of the people that I will not only be best friends this year, but for the rest of my life. Eating and chatting and laughing made me realize why I love this place so much, not because of it's physical location, but because of the beautiful, wonderful people the Lord has brought into my life here. I call it home sweet college :)

And, even though I'm tired tonight, I am determined to keep up my resolutions, so here's Isaiah 9
Summary: Foreshadowing of Christ's birth and the Punishment of Samaria
My take: The only time I've heard the phrases that are in verse 6 are from the New Testament, so I think it's so cool that they are here, too to again prove the validity of the Bible. It says, "And His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." I love that he's powerful. I love that he comforts me. I love that he's my daddy. I love that he brings peace. I love that he's all. Who knew that Isaiah held these powerful words about a King that is born in the New Testament?

Lord, thanks for being wonderful and mighty and father and so many other things to you. I pray you remind me of that daily and that you reveal these things to this campus. Thank you for guiding me to a college where I am able to love and be loved well.

No comments:

Post a Comment