Thursday, January 6, 2011

O happy day!

Wow! The Lord is so good to me. After all that insecurities talk two days ago, the Lord has answered my prayers about that in HUGE ways already. While two days ago, I was feeling lonely and almost friendless at home, today I got to have such fun,sweet community with literally all my favorite people at home. It started off with lunch with mom, then second lunch where I didn't actually eat with Liz and Kristina catching up on Liz's newfound married life, then dinner with my cousin, Elyssa who I hadn't seen in over a year (can I just say it's so wonderful to have family that even though you don't see very often, you can start up just where you left off?), a hilarious time of dessert at Chili's with Brittany and Jilian, and finished off with late night basketball with my favorite boys Austin, Omar, Steven, and Tyler. What a wonderful day where I felt so loved and had an absolute blast every second! God is good. And the best part is as soon as I got home I felt like reading Isaiah!!

Isaiah 6:
Summary- Isaiah's vision in the temple, the Lord's declaration of the blindness that is to come for the Jewish nation, and the destruction which will follow
My take- I love the imagery in the first part. It just describes so majestically the Lord sitting on His throne. It really brings out that God is King and ruler of the earth. As cliche as it may be, I absolutely love verse 8, "Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here I am! Send me!" I love that despite all the wickedness that is going on, somebody has to step up to help overcome it. The best part is Isaiah's response, not only in its words, but also how quickly he responds with no doubt. I want to respond to the Lord like that. I want this year to be the year that I stop saying, I'll go if you send me to the places I want to go, but I'll go where you want me to go. I'll go to Washington if that's where He has or even to Japan. I want to be where the Lord wants me.

Lord, thanks for being so good to me even when I'm not good to you. Thanks for being so generous and merciful on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment