Monday, January 24, 2011

Still Needing Accountability

As much as I'd like to say I'm writing this blog because I wanted to, I can't. Thankfully, I've got a great friend still keeping me accountable to blogging. I really am thankful for that. It is not easy getting back into a habit especially when you don't feel like it. But, here I am blogging because the Lord is faithful to me by providing me with accountability. Great day today, though! I'm really tired, but it was quite productive! 5 Hours of Class, then errands, smoothies with Julie (yummm!!), srat dinner and chapter, 2nd dinner and planning for our semester of YL (who doesn't love two dinners, right??), finished off by Zumba with Kristin and homework.
Isaiah 13:
Summary- The Lord is gonna destroy all of the evil things of this world in the end
My take- As I've talked a lot about how much I love the Lord's power lately, this passage puts his power in a whole different persepective. His power actually makes me fear Him a lot here. It talks about destroying land and shaking the heavens and just things only God can do. God is to be feared, definitely an affirmation of my blog the other day. I am learning more each day how much I need to fear God because of His awesome power.
v. 11-"I will halt the arrogance of the proud."
This may be the first time in a while that I didn't automatically feel convicted about this passage. The Lord has been working in my heart a lot lately with pride. I don't feel near as prideful as I did just two weeks ago. Thank goodness because I was getting pretty obnoxious! While I still have a lot of PRIDE, I am thankful for the way the Lord is working on it. I just needed to make sure I don't fall back into the vicious cycle I tend to get in where I feel really prideful and then, start to doubt myself and abilities. I serve a God bigger than that.

Lord, continue to mold me. Let me fear you because you rule the heavens and the earth. Thank you for being in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment