Sunday, January 23, 2011

Praising His Name

Such a great weekend of relaxation and fun with so many of my ResLifers! Friday, watched a movie about Esther with my small group, went on-call, went to Waho with Robert, Matt, and SoRelle, and went on-call again. Saturday, slept in, had my TFA interview (which went really well!), ate DHall brunch, bridesmaid dress shopping with Anna and Kristin, Dinner at the Bistro with Rachel, her dad and grandfather (who are absolutely hilarious), my first ever session of Zumba on the wii with 5 other ResLife girls, No Strings Attached with ResLife girls and Rachel, followed by another Waho trip, and finishing with midnight light-up frisbee on Cannan Green with Jordy, Alston, Alex, Emily, Kerriann, and Aubri. Basically, I had the best weekend ever.

Isaiah 12:
Summary- We will all praise Him in the end
My take- I can't wait for that day. It is going to be so sweet. All of the people on this earth that said God wasn't real or that there are multiple Gods or anything else will be set in their tracks. They will be in awe of our Creator.
v. 2: "Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid." This is so comforting to me. It's always good to be reminded that God is my salvation and not any of the works I do here on earth. And because of Him saving me, I can be free of fear. I need to be constantly reminded of this. Fear is something that tends to creep into my life many times when I least expect it. Thankfully, the Lord lately has really calmed my most recent large fear of where I'll be and what I'll be doing next year. Do I know where I'll be or what I'll be doing? Absolutely not. Do I know that God's going to be with me and has a beautiful plan for my life? Yes.

This Chapter was just a great reminder to always be praising the Lord. It's easy to forget. It reminds me of a great song:
"Let everything that. Let everything that. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise Him in the morning. Praise Him in the evening. Praise Him when I'm young and when I'm old. Praise Him when I'm laughing. Praise Him when I'm crying. Praise Him every season of my soul..."

Lord, may I never forget that praising you is what I'm made for!

No comments:

Post a Comment