Sunday, January 16, 2011

In My Element

That's where I've been and why I haven't posted for the past week. I literally have been going 24/7 with all of the facets of rush week that I can't believe that I've only been back here for a week. It feels like I've been back for an eternity. Why was I in my element? Because I was dealing with crisis after crisis this week from girls that didn't get into sororities they wanted to rho gams that were unsure about their girls. I have felt so needed this past week, and I love that. I feel closer to the girls on my hall this year than I ever have as an RA for 3 years, and I feel so blessed with where the Lord has put me. It's the getting back to homework that I haven't done because of rush week that is not so fun...

So, back on track, Isaiah 10
Summary: God's judgment on Assyria
My take: Reading this immediately made me think about last summer. Caring for the forgotten, invisible, and hated. That's what this is calling us to do. He says woe to those who don't. Before last summer, I knew academically the knowledge that we should love the widow, the poor, etc., but I had never made that heart knowledge because of all of the politics we hear about homeless people being lazy and dishonest. and so on. But, the Lord doesn't say love the poor if they are hardworking and honest. He says just love the poor, meaning no matter what. It's hard a lot of the things the Lord calls us to do. It's not comfortable or fun many times, but it doesn't matter. If he calls us to do it, we must abide. Therefore, I am going to choose to love the poor, love the forgotten, and love the hated. Here on campus that looks very different than in inner-city Houston, but it's all the same, loving people.

Lord, let me love people well here on campus for the last 4 months I'm here no matter if it makes me uncomfortable or anything else. Thanks for loving me even when I'm not very lovable.

1 comment: