Friday, January 7, 2011

Feeling Inbetween

It's always hard in these last few days at home before I go back to school. I don't really know how to feel. On one hand, I'm sad to leave the lazy lifestyle of watching lots of TV and being taken care of by my parents, but on the other hand, I am really excited to go back and see everyone at school and feel useful again. I just feel really inbetween right now since I go back Sunday to the craziness that is rush week. I'm just trying to soak up everything that is home in these last 30 hours here. Tomorrow will be really good for that since it's my big brother's birthday and we're going to play black light mini golf and having a family lunch at Friday's. I guess I'm glad I feel like this, though, because it means I love both of my "homes" a lot.

And, now my study of Isaiah 7:
Summary- Isaiah is sent to King Ahaz and then a prophecy of Christ's birth
My take: This passage really confirms how real the Lord is. There was a prophecy all the way back in Isaiah and then it actually comes true in the New Testament! Pretty sweet! I also love in verse 12 that Ahaz says, "I will not ask, nor will I test the Lord!" In our society so many times people "test" the Lord by asking the Lord for something and saying they'll come back to Him if he does a certain thing. This is so silly because our God is so much bigger than that! He is the teacher and we are the students! The students don't test the teacher. That's not how it works. The Lord is real no matter if he shows you a sign or not, bottom line.

Lord, I pray that I always am reminded of how real you are. Let it never become dull that you are alive and you are God!

No comments:

Post a Comment