Monday, February 28, 2011

Trust, Where's Yours?

Isaiah 31:
Summary: It's stupid not to trust in God
My take: After hearing the Young Life club talk tonight about the woman at the well that challenged kids and myself to figure out what kind of "water" are we seeking to fulfill our lives and reading this passage, I realize that as much as I want to say I trust in God and He is what I seek to fulfill my life, it is not true. I seek out success. I want to be successful so badly that when success doesn't come my way (as in the politics test I got back today that I thought I had gotten an A on and actually got a B), I am dry and thirst for success in some other way to fill my cup. I KNOW that the Lord has got me in His hands and His plan is best, but it's sooo hard to believe that in the moment when I fail at something. You see this has worked for me so well for much of my life. I would consider myself a highly successful person. This is one of the big things that worries me about becoming an adult, though. I feel like there's last chance of measurable success. I can't be president of 3 organizations, be recognized for my grades, and get a leadership award at my job. I know. I know. Success will come in different ways, but I like measurable ways. Not immeasurable ways.

Lord, let me find my trust in you and not success. It's hard, Lord, but I know you are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment