Monday, February 14, 2011

Compassion

Man. The Lord is good. I still carried that heavy heart with me all day long until tonight when Joan told me not to be too hard on myself. I am human. She is so good to me. I thank the Lord daily for her. She loves me so well. In fact, after I saw her, I was overwhelmingly filled with compassion. Then, I found out later on that she had prayed for compassion for me! This huge weight was lifted and I felt so light. Love how the Lord works. Sometimes I just want to be perfect so badly that I get so frustrated with myself when I'm not. I need to constantly remind myself that I am human and I am going to make mistakes, but that's okay because I serve a God who forgives me of those sins.

Isaiah 28
Summary: sadness to Ephraim and Jerusalem
My Take: Alcohol is not the way to drown your sorrows. This is even the cases wayyy back when. This has not changed that people still tried to use alcohol to drown their problems. And listening to the Lord is so key. We can't learn from God if we're not listening for His voice and His guidance. Listening is just as important and you talking to God in a one sided way.

Lord, thanks for the way you lift heavy burdens from my heart. Thanks for being perfect, so I don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment