Tuesday, February 8, 2011

His timing

The Lord answered a long time prayer today. He brought some younger girls to BSU! That, in itself, was a step of boldness. I asked new people to come, and they even liked it! Also, I was motivated and was finished with my homework by about 3 today! And of course, what Tuesday would be complete without a little Zumba session! We did a whole 45 minute one tonight, too and I still loved it.. especially when some pledges came in to work on their lipsync dance.. haha.. we may have turned them into zumba lovers, too! I love how the Lord answers prayer with the perfect timing. We want our timing to be God's timing so many times when really God's is best. We just don't know that at the time.

Isaiah 24
Summary: Everyone in the end will vanish and all will be viewed the same
My take: This life is so short. Live for the Lord because He is for eternity. After this weekend, this makes me feel even more bold about sharing my faith. Who cares if you have to have a really awkward conversation or lose a friend because you share the Gospel? It's the difference between life or death for eternity. This time on earth is sooo short compared to eternity. Sometimes I try to put my brain around that idea and then my brain just starts to hurt. Point is, that's a long time and the human brain shouldn't be able to comprehend it because it's a God sized thing and we are not God.

Lord, thanks for answering my prayers in your perfect timing. Let me have a patient spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment