Sunday, February 6, 2011

Here I am, send me.

This weekend had the awesome opportunity to go the IV's winter conference on evangelism out at Rockbridge. It was exactly what I needed. I needed to reconnect with God and remember how to hear Him again. I needed to be challenged. I needed time to be goofy and dance and have fun on a ropes course. It was just so wonderful. I'll talk more about the retreat tomorrow, but I'll leave you with a few big things I got from the speaker this weekend, who was absolutely incredible.
1.) We can and should be constantly expanding our capacity to be filled by God.
2.) There was never a person made that was not made to worship God.
3.) Asking friends, "What is stopping you from following Jesus?"
4.) If you really care about your friends, you will tell them about Jesus.
5.) Fear clenches the joy of the Holy Spirit.


Isaiah 22
Summary: Proclamation against Jerusalem and the judgment that will fall on Shebna
My take: After this weekend, I love that the last 4 words of this chapter are "The Lord has spoken." Sure, there's power in the proclamation against Jerusalem and the judgment of Shebna, but the real power is in that the Lord has spoken. When the Lord speaks, it's more powerful than anything else. This weekend when the Lord laid different things on my heart, I was overwhelmed with his power.

Lord, thanks for the Holy Spirit. Let me continue to expand my capacity to be filled by you. Let me listen to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment