Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Laundry

Soooo.. it finally got down after only 4 1/2 short weeks. I think I may have set a record. My mound was getting sooo huge. Last week, I even ran out of underwear, but instead of doing laundry, I just went and bought more. Yeah, I'm really pathetic. But, you might be, too if doing laundry consisted of lugging it down 3 flights of stairs and then outside. Ironically, I chose the day when it was all snowy and really cold outside. Haha.. Anyways, I had a great day. I continually see the Lord in my everyday life and I love it.

Sooo much goodness in Isaiah 25.. It's just become my favorite chapter in Isaiah so far

Summary- How we will praise God with everything we are and how He will remove all suffering from life in the end

My take-

v.1 "O Lord, You are my God. I will exalt You. I will praise Your name. For You have done wonderful things; Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth." I love that last line. I read it to mean his promises are faithfulness and truth. He promises us so much, and fulfills it every time. Love that.

v.4 "For You have been a strength to the poor, A strength to the needy in his distress. A refuge from the storm, A shade from the heat." Remind me of my CSM summer. The Lord is the strength of the rich and the poor. He can be there for those that feel like they have nothing else, whether that be they have no food or whether they have no love.

v.8"He will swallow up death forever, And the Lord God will wipe away tears from all the faces."
Probably my favorite verse from this chapter. I would want this to be read at my funeral. Death here on this earth does not determine death for eternity. Amen to that. I love the imagery of the Lord swallowing up death forever. It's especially relevant after all these proclamations against so many countries. The Lord will not only swallow up death forever, but He will have no crying or sadness in heaven either. Soooo good.

v.9 "And it will be said in that day: Behold this is our God; We have waited for Him, and He will save us. This is the Lord; We have waited for Him;We will be glad and rejoice in His salvation."
This verse is so good. It definitely assures me that waiting on God is so worth it! Even right now, I feel like I'm waiting on the Lord to show me where and what I'll be doing next year. I'm playing a big waiting game, but the Lord is still in it. He has my perfect plan. I will wait for Him because He is worth it.
v.11b" And He will bring down their pride." Self-explanatory. While I feel like the Lord has been working on my pride lately, I still have a LONG way to go. It's gonna suck, but also be so good when ultimately the Lord brings my pride to none. It means that I'll fully be rejoicing Him and be in awe of His majesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment