Friday, February 25, 2011

Backsliding

So, remember last week when I told you to expect longer updates this week?? clearly, that hasn't happened. i always have such good intentions coming home that my time with the Lord is gonna be soo good and i'm gonna spend more time with Him since I have more time, but usually, the opposite happens. it's like the more time i have, the more i don't want to give time to the Lord. i also had a huge realization today.

My backsliding looks different than some others backsliding. My backsliding may not be as evident to the eye. I don't drink or hook up when I backslide. I lie and become prideful. When I'm backsliding, those two things are on the rise. These past two weeks have looked painfully like I'm backsliding specifically in these two areas.

Lord, let me draw close to you. Take away my pride and my lying. Let me give it all to you. Give me that desire for you. Thank you for the way you work in my life even when I choose not to give time to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment