Thursday, February 3, 2011

In Control

The more I talk with Kevin, our GCF minister, about different struggles in my life, the more I am starting to realize that there is one root. I like to be in control of everything. I'm worried about my future because I don't like not being in control of where I'm going next. I don't like passing down my leadership positions because I don't like giving someone else control. I don't like not being perfect because then that means that I'm not fully in control of myself. It's a hard battle to fight. Today, for the first time I realized not just with head knowledge, but with heart knowledge, that I can't go on clutching on to things so tightly. I will never be able to hold on forever. I will never be able to control everything I want to control. But, thankfully, that's why I serve a God who is in control, whether I want Him to be sometimes or not. As hard as it is for me to pray for the Lord to take away my pride, it's even harder for me to pray that the Lord will take away my control. But, that's what needs to happen.
Lord, take away my "supposed" control. Control everything in my life because you know best! Change my heart, so that I want you to be in control.

Isaiah 21
Summary- Babylon is going to fall soon. This chapter talks about what that will look like.
My take- v. 9b "and all the carved images of her gods He has broken to the ground." This chapter paints such a good picture of what I imagine the end times to be like. All of the false gods will be torn to the ground. All the mosques and statues of Budah will fall to the ground at the glory of God. There will no longer be any doubt of who God is. The question is, "Do you know Him?" I am so blessed to say that I do know Him and am pumped at that day because I will get to spend eternity in heaven with my Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment