Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Faultless

In another excursion to an obscure book, I read Jude last night. I REALLY like Jude. I feel like he calls a lot of Christians and people out about distorting Christianity and taking it out of context and such. I love it because I think this needs to be done a lot more today because of how distorted Christianity has become on TV, media, etc. Basically, I give props to Jude for being bold especially since being bold scares the heck out of me.

I also love that while Jude calls people out on distorting the Truth, he also finishes by saying that we are faultless if we have Christ. Verse 24 says, " Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy." It's so comforting to think that because Jesus died, He covered over our sins and we are going to be presented faultless before God! This blows my mind! I also find it so powerful that He can keep us from stumbling. I feel like when everything is going right for me, I believe this. Oh yeah! He keeps me from stumbling, but on a day like today, when I'm feeling a bit under the weather, I use my sickness as a reason to stumble. I rationalize not being selfless or complaining or really, almost anything to my sickness. When really, He is able to keep us from stumbling no matter what condition we are in. And finally, I love that not only are we presented faultless before Him, we are presented with 'exceeding joy.' Why would anyone want to present an ugly gift with joy? But wait, we are not an ugly gift. We are a FAULTLESS, BEAUTIFUL gift and that's why we are presented with exceeding joy.

Hey God! Thanks for allowing me to be faultless before you even though I'm very faultful especially on a day like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment