Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sister Weekend :)

In New York City for Sister Weekend!
I'm so pumped to get to spend 4 days with my seester. She is the best and it is easiest for me to be honest with her than anyone else. She does such a great job of loving me. I know pretty much noone else that loves me as well as the way she does. I guess it's because I was such a present to her after having 2 brothers :)

Isaiah 33 is sooo good.
Summary: What the Lord is
My take:
v. 2-"O Lord, be gracious to us; We have waited for You. Be their arm every morning, Our salvation also in the time of trouble." I love this because it's a beautiful cry out to the Lord. The Lord wants us to call out to him in our distress and that's exactly what this is.
v. 5d-"The fear of the Lord is His treasure." Not exactly sure what this means, but I feel like it's really powerful. I take it to mean fearing the Lord is such a treasure to Christ.
v.15d-16a-"And shuts his eyes from evil: He will dwell on high." This makes me think about all the trash TV I watch. I need to be really careful about what I'm putting into my brain through my eyes. So much evil can come into our lives and produce sin through what we see. Our eyes are direct road for Satan to creep into our lives, so we need to make sure we guard them. My guilty pleasure is trashy reality TV shows, so clearly I'm not very good at this. There's definitely a fine line to walk about what is okay and not, and I'm not sure I'm walking it very well.
v.22- "For the Lord is our Judge, The Lord is our Lawgiver, The Lord is our King; He will save us." This is so powerful about the identity of the Lord. Such a great reminder, too for me that humans are not my judge. So, why am I striving to be perfect in their eyes?? He is King, not us! He will save us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment