Friday, July 23, 2010

The Story of David, the Second Chapter

"You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. "
Job 11:18

I was so excited last week when I got to see David again. Now 2 weeks since he entered the program, he is already on the path to recovery. This time as he talked to me, I could just see a hope and a light in his eyes that wasn't there before. You could see that he felt safe at Open Door and was proud of what path he was now on. We talked about politics, the oil spill, the weather, just your average conversation with a person. It was so cool to me that in just two weeks the Lord had given Him hope and a new outlook on life. David just wanted to talk and talk and talk. He even told me that my group and I were like his children. That's why he wanted to talk to us so much. I felt that way, too.

The first time I met him, I hurt for him like a daughter would. This second meeting, I grinned like a daughter proud of her father. I am proud and anxious to see what the Lord continues to do in David's life.

Lord, thank you for always holding David in Your hands. Be with him and continue to heal him through Open Door and his relationship with you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment