Sunday, June 27, 2010

Junior High=passion of my heart

This last week, 65 junior highers came to call CSM-Houston their home for a week. While many in people in our world can't stand junior highers, I absolutely love them and all of their craziness. From the first ten minutes Sunday night where it sounded like a herd of elephants had moved into our site to the last hour where they were excited about scrubbing toilets, I loved every second of my week with them. It just made me remember how much of a heart I have for junior highers. I loved the way 7th grade girls played basketball in the rain with 20 kids voluntarily. I loved the way they sang ridiculous songs in the van to and from ministry sites. I loved the way they held the children of Ujima. I loved their joyful hearts making hygiene kits at SEARCH. I loved hearing profound God moments and hilarious irrelevant stories that went on forever each day during debriefs. I loved the way they copied my every dance move at the Harbor Light choir concert. I loved the hilarious moments that junior high boys create by throwing trash cans down stairs and scaring junior high girls by shooting empty airsoft guns in the vents of the showers. Above all, I love the way the Lord works in junior highers lives. I love seeing the huge change the Lord can have in a junior higher's life.
Lord, thank you for junior highers and all the fun they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment